Based in the practices of Movement Medicine
This course will be an opportunity to come together online, to dance, to share — and to ultimately become more embodied, anchored, and centered in your body and your truth as you move through life.
We will create a safe space together, learn tools and techniques through experiential practices designed to help you create more freedom and expression in your everyday life. The aim of the course is to equip you to move through the world with more presence, better boundaries, more resilience, and better connection to your own wisdom and knowing.
The outline of the group’s 3 modules are as follows
Roots – Connecting with ourselves
- Coming into the body, Awakening the Dancer, understanding and enhancing interoception (the body’s feedback information systems),
- Learning how to get more grounded and understanding and learning about regulation of the nervous system
Trunk – Your own capacity to be present in the world
- Identifying and strengthening your own boundaries
- Inhabiting your personal space more clearly
- Identifying and strengthening your connection to what resources you in ways that are available to you at all times
Branches – Expanding out into the world and into connection
- Bringing it all together, this will include an exploration of how best to bring all of this into your interactions out in the world
- We will explore questions like
- Where am I now?
- What is my default position?
- Where do I avoid?
- Where can I get stuck?
- How much or how little authority do I experience in being able to move through the world
- Coming to understand and identify what tools and what support you personally need in order to move out into the world in a more present and embodied way
- Leaving with a personalised plan for supporting yourself in your own ongoing embodiment practice
The course will run over 6 weeks. We will meet every Tuesday evening 7-9pm
What you’ll get
As well as the live 2 hour classes, you will receive some resources to use between classes and after the course finishes. The resources contain:
- My Being Embodied pdf explaining everything that we go through in the course,
- 4 audio recordings of the individual practices,
- 6 video recordings of the live sessions, so if you miss one you can catchup in your own time.